Credentials & Services
Laura J. Ford, DO, is a developmental behavioral pediatrician at Hope Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics located in Dover, Tennessee.
Dr. Ford attended and completed medical school at Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens, Ohio 2011-2015, a pediatric residency at the University of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio 2015-2018, and a fellowship in developmental behavioral pediatrics at University Hospitals/Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio.
Prior to medical school, Dr. Ford was an Army trained physician assistant serving in both the 101st Airborne (Air-Assault) and 3rd Infantry Divisions, and afterward as a civilian at Shands and the University of Florida in Jacksonville, Florida. She has participated in medical and humanitarian missions in El Salvador, Nicaragua, Kosovo, Zambia, India (Mizoram), Haiti (after the 2010 earthquake), and the Ukraine.
Dr. Ford is board certified in pediatrics (2018) and board eligible in developmental behavioral pediatrics. She performs evaluations for children born prematurely and those with concern for developmental delay, autism spectrum, attention-deficit/hyperactivity, anxiety, school and/or learning difficulties, and more. Although not the primary pediatrician, Dr. Ford will also follow children with Down syndrome, children in foster care, and children internationally adopted. Collaborative evaluation with a speech-language pathologist may be arranged.
Dr. Ford has special interest in children with learning difficulties. She partners with children’s parents/legal guardians to optimize nutrition, physical activity, sleep, and the external environment.
- review of the completed developmental behavioral questionnaire
- various standardized and validated rating scales
- parent/legal guardian and child interview
- child observation and examination including growth
- review of prior medical specialist and school evaluations
- review of individual education plans (IEPs) and 504 plans
- further standardized and validated testing in the office as needed
- diagnostic feedback and management plans based on the child’s strengths and challenges
Evaluations may be performed over 1-3 visits depending on complexity. Payment is via HSA, FSA, debit or credit card
To discuss an evaluation for your child, please call 520-934-4624.